We are seeking applications for the position of Director of Women’s Rugby
Winnington Park is actively searching for a quality candidate to fulfil this role and to develop the future of the Women’s and Girls section of our club. Our aim is to be the best amateur community clubs in the County.
WPRFC, established in 1907, is an amateur club in Cheshire, fielding 3 men’s sides, a Women’s team with mini and junior teams at all age ranges from under 6 through to under 18 including junior girls’ teams at under 13,15 & 18 age groups. The clubs strong mini and junior mini section is at the heart of the club
RFU core values of Teamwork, Respect, Enjoyment, Discipline and Fair play influence everything we do at Winnington Park.
Reporting to the Club Committee and the Director of Rugby the main responsibilities are:
- To assemble and develop a coaching team. To maximise their potential and in turn the potential of the player group.
- Ensure the RFU’s core values are met by coaches, players, and support volunteers
- Identify and implement a recruitment strategy for the Women’s and Girls section.
- Work with the Director of Men’s Rugby and the Director of Mini and Junior Rugby to develop the section and ensure the Women’s section is on an equal standing to other sections of the club
- Promote and develop women’s and Girls Rugby in the local area
- Identify and set performance and developmental targets with the coaching staff
- Ensure players are effectively managed by the coaching team
This is a voluntary role and the successful candidate will have a track record as a player or coach and be able to demonstrate proven leadership, organisational and communication skills. Experience of working within an amateur Community Club is preferable.
This is a key appointment and essential in ensuring the ongoing and future success of Winnington Park Rugby Club. Support will be provided for obtaining relevant qualifications to allow the postholder to be successful in this role such as RFU coaching qualifications.
To apply for the post or to have an informal discussion about the position and our club please contact Dave Allcock ,Director of Rugby on 077932 48310 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Paul Rees, Director of Mini and Junior rugby on 07774337070 or e mail email@example.com