All Welcome - Whatever Age or Experience. Get yourselves down
Preparations for the coming season have commenced with 3 senior men’s teams resuming training every Tuesday and Thursday starting at 7pm.
Initial sessions are about fun and enjoyment with the intensity increasing over the next 7 weeks so we are ready for the start of League rugby on Saturday 4th September.
We continue to run 3 senior men’s teams and have a team for everyone. Park continue to welcome new players for its men’s teams. Whether it is aspiring to play for our 1st XV or more social rugby in our 3rd XV we want to see you!
The coaches at Park recognise that everyone is starting again and our training sessions will reflect this and will continue to do so with lots of conditioned games to develop skills and match fitness. We have some new additions to our coaching team and we welcome on board Gary who will assist in improving skills, match plays, game management and defence. We also welcome Mike, a qualified referee, who has joined us and will ensure we are up to date with the laws of the game, assist us to improve our understanding of the laws and our discipline. With a new Physio team in place and several new players arriving we are feeling really positive and excited about the return to rugby. Any players who have not been down yet I would recommend that you do as the sessions so far have been fantastic.
In preparation for the coming season we have a number of games to help with our preparation.
- Friday 23rd July - 7.30pm KO – Winnington Park select XV V Gary Dykes old boys.
- Friday 20 August - 7.30pm KO Winnington Park select XV V Holmes Chapel 1st XV
- Sat 20 Aug - 3.00pm KO Sefton 1ST XV V Winnington Park select XV
- Sat 21 Aug - 3.00pm KO Winnington Park select XV v Rochdale 3rd XV
- Friday 27 Aug - 7.30PM KO Winnington Park 1st XV v Lymm – Cheshire Cup
- Sat 4th September – 1st.2nd and 3rd teams in League action
Anyone interested in playing can make contact via the club website at wprfc.com or contact Dave Allcock on 077932 48310